Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry and Sorrowful Christmas


Merry Christmas! As with every day, I am so grateful to look at my two beautiful angels and I can't wait to see them open gifts in the morning. It has truly been a wonderful Christmas Eve, with David's parents, grandparents, brother and girlfriend, sister, and aunt. I absolutely LOVE Christmas at my house. It has that feeling of the house being full of love. And yet in the midst of my joy, I still long for Samantha's tiny hand grasping my finger. I imagine two babies crawling around or David and I each with a baby in our arms. I am so glad that Jesus was born so that Samantha could be in heaven with God. But I still wish she was here with me.
Last year I had two tiny stockings. I haven't gotten one for Hannah yet, because I just can't bear to do one more thing without Samantha too. I can't believe it still. BUt I will light her candle tomorrow, perhaps visit the cemetery. Look at her scrapbook and remember the wonderful days I had with her. I miss her so much.
So tomorrow, I will joyfully celebrate Hannah's first Christmas and mourn Samantha's first Christmas which she is spending with Jesus. I thought this was beautiful.
http://merrychristmasfromheaven.com/

1 comment:

Diana said...

Merry Christmas, my beautiful friend. Steph and I decided a long time ago that Samantha is in Heaven and my dad and her mom are ga ga over her :) My dad seemed so stern, but babies always softened him up! They're all up there waiting for us :) you are so blessed with wonderful family and support, fabulous husband, beautiful daughters, and my prayers are still with you. I love you so much. I still remember, and I will never forget.