Thursday, December 30, 2010

Down day

Finally we had a "quiet day" however as any mom knows, it was less than quiet. The good news is the last 2 nights Hannah slept from 12-6 (approx.) so I am feeling better than I have in a while. She is napping more normally and feeling good. She is eating a lot more than she was a few weeks ago. At each meal she has 4 oz. of formula with cereal and one container of baby food. (three times a day!) and nursing before after and sometimes during :) and for snacks. She is waving a lot and I am trying to catch it on video.
Alexandra coughed yesterday and so I took her to the doctor and she took some steroids and is going to be taking antibiotics. THis may seem like an overreaction but the last time I overlooked a cough we ended up in the ER. Our pediatrician said he thought it was good we came in. So she is feeling fine and enjoying having daddy home today. I feel that we avoided the ER last night so I am grateful our doctor gave us the prescription we needed.
Also, we just got an invitation to our 10 year high school reunion. Yes, you read that right, TEN! I can hardly believe it. It will be held on a Saturday night in July at Iron cactus. Sounds like a lot of fun, however I was kind of hoping to show off my children. I guess Ill just have to bring pics! I wonder what it will be like but I think it will be nice to see all the familiar faces and see some old friends. Since my class was 700 I don;t know how we will fit at a restaurant but I suppose not many will come. Many of the names I saw on facebook who are coming, I didn't recognize at all. Maybe we can make some new friends too.
Coming up on the new year, makes me think so much about life, and what we want to get out of it. In the next few days I hope I can come up with some ways to slow down and enjoy these fleeting moments of parenthood and my twenties!

No comments: