Thursday, February 11, 2010

Samantha will have milk today!

I know I owe some better updates... there have been small progessions with both babies. Less heat in the incubator, no breathing problems, hannah having more in her feedings everyday, practicing breastfeeding and putting on weight.  But today samantha will have her first feeding since the surgery a week ago. She will have 2cc's of breastmilk at 2:30 today and every 3 hours if all looks well (not too much left in her belly before her next feeding).  They will put the feeding tube in her mouth for now.  I am doing kangaroo care with her everyday now.  She loves to snuggle- well I know I do.
Alexandra and I went to the library yesterday which was sooo nnice and we went to jungle java this morning but she wantesd to go home after a half hour... I think it was too much for today.  I am planning to try nap time, but its so hard to get her to rest except in the car.  I'm hoping some mommy time will help us both. I miss spending all day with her.
I am resting more but still busy. Hannah, alexandra, lunch, samantha. Hannah, dinner, alexandra's bedtime... my bedtime.  And I need to pump 8 times a day! But I can't imagine seeing my babies any less.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I'm so glad to hear they are doing better! It's good you are able to spend time with Alexandra too. Sorry we missed you at Jungle Java.

Abby said...

I am so glad the girls are doing better... Sounds like u have a routine going which is good. They will be coming home before you know it!! I am so glad that Samantha is eating and I bet u are loving the kangaroo care! Hannah is loving nursing I bet. Take care of yourself friend. Love you!! Abby