Monday, September 12, 2011

Four Year Shots Stink a Lot

After having a fever Monday night and all day Tuesday and Wednesday, Thursday Alexandra was finally better.  Of course Thursday- I was sick, though I had more of a stomach thing. And Friday it was David's turn!  Poor baby :)  Saturday we were all well. 
Sunday we got to enjoy mass and lunch with my parents at our house with a fancy dinner compliments of Chef David.  He made roasted garlic spaghetti and Zuppa Toscanna.  Then that evening David and I got to play softball for the Block House Mutts.  We beat the Dentists by 1 point!!  Though I had many errors and struck out twice :(  I also managed not to strike out when we were down by one point and it would have ended the game.  The highlight of the game was when my boyfriend scored a grand slam!! This is his second for the season.  Boy, that is one good looking pitcher ;)
I think I finally got the hang of the single crochet.  I know this little square is a mess but it's the closest I've gotten so far.  Maybe I'll try to make something. 
Today Alexandra had her real well check up and her hearing and sight were fine, as well as her growth and development.  The dreaded shots were about as horrible as you would expect.  I had to hold her down and she screamed bloody murder and I felt terrible.  When it was all over she cried and cried.  And poor Hannah was scared to death- but it's over!  They both got flu shots too so I'm glad that is done.  We went straight to Sonic for ice cream (joined by Grandad and Charlie) then Alexandra played normally till the end of the day.  Right now she says she can't walk, I'm sure her legs are sore- there were two shots in each leg.  If there is anything Alexandra wants this would be the time to ask.  Pobrecito!!
One other note- it has been 18 months today since Samantha passed away.  She has been on my mind in a special way today and it felt good to cry a little at breakfast.  I lit my candle and got some lillies.  It's so hard sometimes to admit that she was here and now she's gone.  But acknowledging her sweet little existence is somehow healing for me.  We didn't make it to the cemetery today with the doctor and the Maczuga boys came over, but I hope to go soon.  St. Samantha, pray for us.  We miss you every day.

No comments: