Saturday, March 13, 2010

Funeral Arrangements

The hospital provided a nice room for us to have some privacy while we waited for the surgery to be done. Around 11:00 the team came in and the surgeon knelt down to inform me that she did have NEC totalis, which meant her whole intestine had died and she would not recover. There was nothing they could do.
We got to spend almost an hour with her talking to her and holding her. She was sedated to keep her comfortable. Samantha Lily is a very special little girl who will be in our hearts forever.

Samantha Johnson passed away Friday March 12th at 12:07pm. The arrangements are:

- Monday March 15th: Beck Funeral Home, 15709 RR 620 Austin/ Round Rock (512-244-3772). Visitation: 6:00pm – 8:00pm, Liturgy and Rosary 7:00pm.

- Tuesday March 16th: St. Vincent DePaul Catholic Church, 9500 Neenah Avenue, Austin, TX (512-255-1389), 10:00am Funeral Mass.

- Tuesday March 16th: Our Lady of the Rosary Cemetery, Georgetown, TX 3.7 miles East of I35 on Highway 29. Burial immediately following the Funeral Mass.


www.marchofdimes.com
Donate in memory of Samantha Johnson.

9 comments:

Julia said...

Dear Johnson family,
We have been praying for you from the beginning, and we will not stop praying for strength, and courage and peace for you as you say goodbye to Samantha. May Jesus bring you comfort, as soon as physically possible, to bring you through this difficult time. God bless you!!!
Love,
The Motekaitis family

Elizabeth said...

Jaclyn and family, My heart aches for you. We lost our 9 day-old baby girl back in Nov and your story brings back some very real memories. I will never understand- why do babies die? You will be in our prayers as you journey the road. Much love, Elizabeth Simmons and family

Abby said...

Jaclyn and David, I am so sorry for your loss. We will continue to pray that God will hold you in His hands to help support u and give u strength. I am so sorry that we are out of town visiting my sick grandmother in Illinois. My heart aches that I won't be able to hug u on mon and tues but please know that I am thinking of you all day and praying constantly... Love u guys dearly. Abby Chad and will jensen

Unknown said...

David and Jaclyn,

I am so very sorry. You are in my prayers.

Jessica

KT said...

Jaclyn I just want you to know that I am thinking of you often and praying for you daily. I pray that you and your family may feel our Savior's love and peace during this time. When the burden seems to heavy to bear I know that he is there to take it from you and he will hold you up during this. I truly believe that Christ died and payed for all of our sins and in so doing made it possible for our sweet children to be with him and our loving Heavenly Father.

Tess said...

Hey Jaclyn,
I just received the news from the GPLC in Austin. I hadn't checked out your blog so it was my own d*mn fault to not know what was going on with your family. I am very sorry that Samantha has passed on. I won't be able to get flowers to the wake today (very sorry), but I will definitely make a donation in memory of Samantha to the March of Dimes.
Peace,
TE$$

Megs Stapleton said...

David and Jaclyn,

My heart breaks for your family. You have been in our hearts and prayers for a while. We will continue to pray for your family. May God quickly start to heal your grief. I am so sorry.

Unknown said...

Hi, Jaclyn -
I just found out about your loss. Shirley forwarded us an email. We are so very sorry, and will keep your precious family in our prayers.
With love,
Christy Brumbelow

Megan B ♥ said...

I am so, so sorry that this has happened to your family. We lost our twin son Dex in November 2008 and can relate to perhaps some of your feelings. Our survivor, Crew, remains with us. I hope that you have some family close by or some good friends that can help you navigate these next few weeks and months as you stumble through these first stages of shock and grief. There is no wrong way to handle this. My prayers are with you. One book I found really helpful was Tear Soup. It's a picture book, but that was about all that I could handle at the time. It was FANTASTIC and it helped me recognize that all of the conflicting, outrageous emotions I was feeling (including the zombie type) were NORMAL. I pray that you can feel close to your little guardian angel as your family grapples with her unexpected loss. Hugs for all of you.