Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Twin Research

I have learned that having fraternal twins is hereditary- however only through the mother since it is she that ovulates two eggs. Also identical twins are not hereditary- it is an anomaly... weird. And from what I gather- twins in different sacs (as ours are) are likely to be fraternal since all fraternal twins have their own sacs but 25% of identical twins also have their own sacs.
source Wikipedia
Also did you know there is such thing as a Mothers of Twins Club? They have one here. I would really like to get in touch with them. Also we found the most awesome stroller which I am in love with and we found one on Craigslist (ok Amber found it-Thanks Amber!) Want to know how great it is?
Two weeks till we find out the genders... I can't wait. And also for those of you who don't know- twins don't go to 40 weeks- full term is considered 37 weeks. Therefor we can expect some babies in March not April. I would still like to avoid a C-section if possible but twins is a whole new thing so it's totally fine if that is what we need to do.
You have no idea how wierd it is to look at a sonogram and see two babies!!!

No comments: